Jakarta Community Church (JCC) is a small and inclusive ecumenical community of people which I’ve chosen to serve on Sundays. Joining this church in the midst of 2003 as choir member, I never thought that I’d be in charge as music coordinator for the next 7 years. During those times, I’ve learned the lesson of life. Let me share some with you:
- Loyalty is your personal commitment with God; others might not understand on this
- Ministry is about giving and giving and giving
- Your point of view defines who you are
- Leadership is the art of facing problems while still doing routine tasks; both takes your humility
- God puts hard & hurt people around you to teach you over humanity & Divinity
- When God put ideas in your head, put it into action
- When people see ‘you = church’, you need to reconfirm your calling
- Your ministry is your privilege. Thank to God!
- There’s no perfect day for resigning from the ministry. Follow God’s call and just do it.
As the Ecclesiastes says that there’s a time for everything, so does with me. It’s about time for me to leave my ministry at JCC. To all those memories, may this song once I composed tells itself: JCC.
You may find us at Facebook: Jakarta Community Church [JCC]